BitWise SharePoint expertise dates back to the era of SharePoint 2003. We have been working on SharePoint and have expertise in MOSS 2007, MWSS and SharePoint 2010. BitWise has a dedicated Center of Excellence for the SharePoint Platform (SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online). The Center of Excellence provides a detailed understanding of the underlying architecture of the platform including the SharePoint Architecture itself, SharePoint Database, SharePoint Object Model, SharePoint Security Model, SharePoint Web Services and SDK.
BitWise’s SharePoint Practice has matured considerably. We now have a SharePoint environment-specific development infrastructure and framework, which helps us deliver quality custom solutions and reduces the time to market of the solutions we build.
BitWise uses SharePoint internally and has an in-depth understanding of not just the development of solutions but also the needs of maintaining and supporting SharePoint installations and the built-in custom Solutions.
BitWise has built some template-based custom applications which can be deployed at the customer location with minimal customization. The customizations could include:
- Application Branding
- Workflow Tweaks
- Business Rules Tweaks
The following business applications have been developed and are offered by BitWise at a fixed cost inclusive of the customizations that may be needed:
- EasySOX: EasySOX, the SOX compliance enabler, is the SharePoint (MOSS 2007, upgradable to SharePoint 2010) intranet application that tracks audit results for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. The application is primarily intended for SOX auditors, who are responsible for reviewing, assessing and maintaining assessment results of various SOX processes in the organization. EasySOX provides the ability to define various processes by departments, identify and track risks, conduct control & risk assessments and track assessment results. EasySOX features include various dashboards for quick summary of details, and easy access to various utilities like document comparison, print preview, exporting data to Excel and taking system snapshot. The application uses SharePoint’s Active Directory-based authentication and implements user profile-based access control. Click here to know more…
- Absence Manager: A SharePoint-based application that manages absences for all employees of a company. The absences cover both types, that is, absences which are leaves (that are accounted for) and also that merely are meant to inform (of absences). The absence types can also be set to have approvals. Department assistants can apply for and approve absences on behalf of other employees. Emails can be sent informing of events (leave applied for, leave approved, etc). A calendar view shows the leave status by users and by departments. This application has been heavily customized with added workflows and views to meet the needs of medium to large organizations.
- Training: A SharePoint site that can be used to manage training events. The users can register for training, and the registrations can be set so that they require a supervisor’s approval. Training events can also be set so that only a subset of users can view and register for such events. Registration adds the event to the user’s calendar.
- Management Incentive Program (MIP): A SharePoint-based application that lets users set goals for a year. At any time they can also set progress against each of these goals, which can be used to calculate incentives. The goals are set in InfoPath forms so that they can be saved multiple times before submitting for approval. The InfoPath forms can be opened in a browser, eliminating the need to have an InfoPath client on each user’s machine. Periodic review (approve/reject) cycles of all the forms can be completed annually. An administration group can create “on behalf of approvals” of the forms in the absence of employees to keep the process going. Alerts via email help keep the approval process moving. Various views help everyone know the status of form filing and approval. A tight MOSS 2007-based security layer helps restrict views of the forms.
- Succession Planning: Every organization needs to maintain a succession plan. This SharePoint application maintains a succession plan, with a slick tree view. A very strong security feature (by encryption) ensures restricted viewing of the succession plan even to the SharePoint administrator. Each member of the succession plan can fill in an experience and development profile that can be approved by executives.
- Forms Application: A very important feature of MOSS is the ability to fill in feedback forms. However, it’s difficult to choose from a large number of users in the AD those who need to fill out the form. This application can easily add a group of users to multiple document libraries and then pass on a common link so that they can fill out the forms. Views let the administrator see who have completed the forms, and who has not. This process can be repeated every year. A user cannot see the contents of the forms of the other users.
BitWise has explored and understands SharePoint at expert level, including the following areas:
- MOSS 2007 – Microsoft Office SharePoint Sever 2007
- MWSS 3.0 – Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Migration from SharePoint 2003 to MOSS 2007/MWSS3.1
- Migration from SharePoint 2003/MOSS 2007to SharePoint 2010
- Object Models of SharePoint
- Web Services exposed by SharePoint Server
- Custom Web Parts
- Excel Services
- Forms Services
- Site Templates and List Templates
- Basic and Custom Workflows
- Document Workspaces
- Customized Navigation
- Customized Security Layer
- Custom Data View and Form View
- Integration with InfoPath
- Integration with .NET Framework 4.0 (Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation)
- Integration with .NET Framework 3.5 (ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit and Silverlight Blueprint for SharePoint)
- Timer Jobs
- Business Data Catalog
- XSLT Customizations: Customized SharePoint applications with data views and form views using XSLT style sheets. These customizations include custom parsing of server as well as client side scripts, complex grouping options with multiple columns and user friendly views. This also includes integration with JQuery.
Records Center : BitWise has experience on Records Center in following key areas.
- Vault Functionality
- Legal Holds
- Expiration Policies
- Record routing