A major payment processing firm based out of the United States wished to build a cloud-based big data strategy that the enterprise, as well as external users, could leverage to build better analytics and make better business decisions. One of the key components and challenges in the build process was migration of on premise data to the cloud.
Client Challenges and Requirements
- Migration of 15+ TB of uncompressed data between geographically separated locations
- Maintaining on-premise cluster performance so as to have a balance between data migration load and current user workload
- On-premise data in different file formats and compressions
- Storage, data type and other compatibility changes between on premise and Cloud
- Keeping migrated historical data in sync with on-premise cluster