All Case Studies
E-commerce integration with POS
A leading financial services provider sought to enable payments at Amazon.com using cashbacks, points, and miles from banks or credit card issuers for its credit card members.
An easy registration process for card registration via Amazon POS
24X7 real-time interface capability between Customer & Amazon
Rewards Reversal requests from Amazon and buyback rewards
Amazon can obtain the reward balance in registered credit card accounts
A leading global financial services provider was serving thousands of credit card members every day. It wanted to enable a more integrated digital payments system and a seamless shopping experience for its customers shopping on Amazon.com where they could redeem the rewards received by banks or credit card issuers in the form of cashback, points, and miles.
Bitwise helped the client enable a robust payments interface through the extensible integration of its rewards systems with Amazon.
The client envisioned an end-to-end purchase integration in order to enable a seamless purchasing experience for its customers. This meant anticipating the pre and post-purchase challenges that a card user may have and building functionalities to solve these challenges.
The key asks were:
- Custom integration of the client’s rewards system & Amazon
- Vigorous testing at every level
- Enabling multi-channel management
- Enabling easy card registration at the Partner’s online website
- Enabling easy reversal (cancellation) of the previous reward reservation request
- End-to-end security during the payments process
The client collaborated with Bitwise to enable a secure POS integration which led to bettering customer experience while further strengthening the client’s digital payments vision.
THE CLIENT PERSPECTIVE BEHIND THE PARTNERSHIP
The client leveraged Bitwise’s extensive experience in Payments as well as a range of services to fast-track its goal of an integrated payments system.
It identified the following key advantages of collaborating with Bitwise:
- 24+ years of experience in both legacy & cutting-edge technologies
- Deep domain expertise
- Expert talent
- A wide portfolio of services
- Strong customer experience insights
OUR APPROACH: “PHASED DEVELOPMENT FOLLOWED BY VIGOROUS TESTING”
Bitwise designed and developed a custom, end-to-end solution for the client. The solution design and implementation included the following phases & features:
- Bitwise collaborated with the client right from the analysis phase which helped streamline the execution for faster delivery.
- The design and development processes were followed with unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, and production implementations.
- Bitwise designed the Web Service in such a way that Amazon and each subsequent new merchant can be added with minimal changes in the Web Service. Each merchant would be assigned unique URLs to point to the Web Service that will converge and translate to a single endpoint.
- Bitwise also enabled the migration of an existing RMI service to Web Service during this project.
- End-to-end security was implemented for the web service using a secure ccommunications channel, mutual authentication, and IBM DataPower.
HOW BITWISE SOLUTION ALIGNED WITH THE CLIENT VISION
The client leveraged the Bitwise solution and development approach to not only meet its aggressive timeline but also to derive the maximum value of its initiative.
The solution designed by Bitwise yielded the following key advantages for the client:
- Better customer engagement
- Competitive advantage
- Differentiated experience
- A growing number of new onboarded merchants
- Efficient & secure payment infrastructure
TRANSFORMATION THAT FOLLOWED
The Payments industry is being reshaped to reflect the growing shift to digital in the customers’ preferred modes of interactions. This has made the digital migration of payments the core business strategy as opposed to the earlier equation. Now the challenge is to utilize digital interactions to create a more value-adding experience and explore the opportunities hidden within these interactions.
By leveraging the POS integration solution, the client built a robust digital payments system that could be further used to better serve its customers while simultaneously working towards creating differentiated offerings and gaining a competitive edge. It also successfully onboarded new merchants and achieved maximum ROI in the months following the deployment.