Client Challenges and Requirements
- Provide more insightful and interactive reports available at a single point using Microsoft Power BI.
- Integrate all departmental data in a single dashboard to be able to identify inter-departmental insights.
- Study various data fields tables available in Excel, SQL Server, SharePoint.
- Design and develop a generic data model to maintain efficient data relationships, transformation and data feed. Establish relationships between different tables in Power BI desktop as per the data model.
- With reference to existing Excel reports, create insightful visualizations with improved interactions and DAX calculations to cater the initial requirements in Power BI desktop.
- Showcase new visualizations as add-ons providing additional analysis of the data.
- Create analytical widgets to showcase inter-departmental hidden insights.
- Perform data validations and quality checks.
- Publish all reports at a dedicated workspace with restricted users having role-based permissions (using RLS).
- Create a dashboard by pinning the important / most required charts from the reports with ability to generate executive level alerts.