Direct migration from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2013 can be a significant challenge for an organization. Additionally, when upgrading from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, there needs to be process and technology alignment in order to leverage key features within SharePoint 2013 such as Social Enterprise & Web Content Management, Apps and the Marketplace, Enterprise Search, Sharing and Governance Automation.
The SharePoint migration automation Excelerator developed by Bitwise has built-in migration templates and checklists to migrate content database, service applications database, site collections, user experience, and workflows to SharePoint 2013. Our deployment strategy ensures migrated environment validation to manage downtime, thus increasing end-user productivity and improved Business Intelligence (BI) for decision makers. Features found with the Bitwise automation Excelerator for SharePoint include:
- WSP Extractor – Utility to extract all customizations and solution packages.
- Cleanup Utilities – Remove unnecessary/deprecated items.
- Service Creator – Creates SharePoint services that are needed in new farm.
- Web Services/Application Creator – Creates any custom web services/application that is part of the farm.
- File Toucher – Even if number of available versions is reduced, SharePoint still holds old versions of file to reclaim space, unless the file is modified. File Toucher touches these files so that old versions are deleted (i.e., space is freed up).
- Zero Down Time
- Zero Data Loss
- Save Licensing Cost
Accelerate your SharePoint investments. Click here to know more.