SharePoint Upgrade Challenges
Direct migration from older SharePoint versions to SharePoint 2019 or Office 365 can be a significant challenge for an organization. When upgrading to SharePoint 2019 or Office 365, there needs to be process and technology alignment in order to leverage key features such as Social Enterprise & Web Content Management, Apps in the Marketplace, Enterprise Search, Sharing and Governance Automation.
Bitwise SharePoint Services include automated upgrade using our built-in migration templates and checklists to migrate content database, service applications database, site collections, user experience and workflows to SharePoint 2019 or Office 365. Our deployment strategy ensures migrated environment validation to manage downtime, thus increasing end user productivity and improved Business Intelligence (BI) for decision makers.
Our automated upgrade services include the following features:
- WSP Extractor – Utility to extract all customizations and solution packages.
- Cleanup Utilities – Remove unnecessary/deprecated items.
- Service Creator – Creates SharePoint services that are needed in new farm.
- Web Services/Application Creator – Creates any custom web services/application that is part of the farm.
- File Toucher – Even if number of available versions is reduced, SharePoint still holds old versions of file to reclaim space, unless the file is modified. File Toucher touches these files so that old versions are deleted (i.e., space is freed up).
- Zero Down Time
- Zero Data Loss
- Save Licensing Cost
Accelerate your SharePoint investments. Click here to know more.