SOA Testing Solution using CA Lisa
A Retail giant required efficient test automation of their webservices after migration of middleware to another vendor. This involved many complex webservices from different Lines of Business, which required integration testing with company APIs and numerous third-party APIs.
Client Challenges and Requirements
- Complex webservices requiring integration testing with Third-Party APIs which were at times not available.
- Complex System interactions thereby requiring data flow from Legacy Systems etc.
- Delay in testing times, hence causing delay in time to market.
- Migration of a large number of webservices required faster testing for faster feedback.
- Efficient Test Suite for Regression Testing of the webservices with faster feedback.
Analyze the scenarios requiring interaction with third-party APIs
Analyze complex interactions within business scenarios
Providing a tool selection (i.e. CA Lisa) which will suffice testing needs for these challenges
Create test suite with proper virtualization using CA Lisa so that the third party webservices are available at any time for testing
Creation of efficient Regression Test Suite to test over Continuous Integration, hence leading to faster feedback times
Performed extensive log and data analysis to gauge the performance of the service in terms of throughput and response times
Tools & Technologies We Used
CA Lisa 8.5
REST / SOAP API
IBM MessageQ Explorer
Altova XML Spy
100% uptime of Third-Party Services due to virtualization
Faster feedback time for migration testing
Reduction in overall testing costs