Helping our clients solve their most complex problems
I need to quickly move my application to the cloud to cut costs and become more agile
I want to decompose my monolithic legacy application into microservices and re-engineer in cloud native tools
What it takes to successfully modernize your application on the cloud?
Right Solution Approach
Plan and implement the right solution approach that best meets your business objectives
- When moving to the cloud for cost savings, use an accelerated Lift and Shift migration process that keeps the application ‘as is’ but rehosts on the cloud.
- Use a Refactor approach when taking an initial step to the cloud by making some changes to the application design, but no wholesale changes to the application code.
- To take full advantage of modern capabilities and re-imagine the user experience, completely re-engineer the application in the cloud.
Provide a solution that is flexible to future business growth and technology needs
- Use a cloud agnostic solution that allows for easy portability between different cloud providers or operating in multi-cloud environments.
- When rehosting your application on the cloud, use vanilla Kubernetes implementation and infrastructure setup to avoid dependency on cloud provider specific services.
- Re-engineer your applications with cloud native and open source tools where possible.
Enable access to the latest technologies and practices.
- Build solutions using advanced analytics technologies including Artiﬁcial Intelligence, Cognitive Services and Machine Learning which are readily available with the leading cloud providers.
- Leverage microservices and API based architectures.
- Create enterprise pipelines and establish best practices for CI/CD.
Migrating your application to the cloud with Bitwise
Get the optimal approach to application migration so you can successfully modernize your application on the cloud.
Proven Solution Experts
Bitwise has been through the trenches or large-scale, enterprise cloud migration initiatives.
Cloud offerings for any cloud (public or private), any provider (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.) and any mode.
We have the expertise, in- house built accelerators, industry partnerships, training and proven approach.
We guide you at every point, from building your cloud strategy and migration roadmap, moving your data and applications to the cloud.
Bitwise Lift and Shift Cloud Application Migration Services
When considering a migration to the cloud, challenges like vendor lock-in, deployment management, application design, local storage, security and compliance can be prohibitive in the decision to move forward. To address these challenges, Bitwise offers a specialized Lift and Shift Cloud Migration approach that accelerates the migration process.
Cloud migration using Lift and Shift approach with help of cloud native services such as Docker and Kubernetes
Bundle the on-premise applications and dependencies as Docker images, an OS container
Setup HA k8s cluster on the preferred cloud environment which will be used for container orchestration
Deploy the Docker images to the k8s cluster
Setup GitHub/Jenkins pipeline for CI
Setup Spinnaker (OSS) to perform CD and Integrate Jenkins/Spinnaker pipelines
Advantages of Bitwise Lift and Shift Cloud Application Migration Services
- Bitwise delivers a solution that avoids cloud vendor lock-in.
- Our approach uses vanilla k8s implementation, so there is no need for your team to have knowledge or dependency on cloud provider speciﬁc services like Anthos for GCP or AWS SMS.
- We setup and deploy k8s clusters from scratch using vanilla packages without usage of additional cloud offered services (AKS, EKS, GKE) which results in lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Spinnaker is cloud native, so it can run on any cloud provided we have a k8s cluster available.
- Docker is cloud native, so the baking of images will stay same for all cloud solutions.
- Bitwise sets up CI/CD pipeline to aid in future blue/green deployments.
Ready to migrate to the cloud?
Contact us to explore best migration option.
Bitwise Refactor Cloud Application Migration Services
We use a Refactor migration approach to enable your application to take advantage of infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) products without major code changes.
Creating deployment pipelines to enable mid-day releases using blue-green, red-black or canary deployments.
Creating audit compliant CI/CD pipelines to continuously deliver business capabilities to production.
Applying best practices for the full lifecycle of application design to installing and supporting in production.
Creating extensive documentation/recipes to enable application transformation across your enterprise.
Modernizing or re-engineering applications from various legacy technology stacks to industry standard platforms such as spring / spring boot-based technology stack or Node.js based full stack applications.
Advantages of Bitwise Refactor Cloud Application Migration Services
- Our CI/CD pipelines enable collection of test evidence to meet audit requirements if needed.
- Our Refactor solution approach focuses on helping you realize the dream of CI/CD in a secure and compliant manner to meet your audit requirements.
- Post-deployment DevOps support: We care not only about delivering business capabilities to production, but also supporting them as and when issues arise and making sure best practices for DevOps are followed in maintaining the applications.
- Bitwise has extensive expertise with private cloud including the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform with other clients.
- Our team has extensive expertise with the spring and spring boot ecosystem. We can create custom autoconﬁgure components as required to accelerate application modernization as per your enterprise needs.
Bitwise Re-Engineering Cloud Application Migration Services
Bitwise developed a workﬂow orchestration platform that can be re-used to modernize any legacy application in the cloud. Our solution for re-engineering applications supports the organization’s immediate needs for business growth, speed to market, increased scalability and ROI.
Focus on various abstraction layers to make the business layer cloud agnostic and suit cloud provider support with minimum changes to business layer.
Leverage microservices, decouple base architecture and cloud services to build a conﬁgurable, maintainable and omni-channel solution.
Leverage Agile Methodology for Development, QA, Artifacts and Operations to gather early feedback and produce quality deliverables.
Every service / communication routes through gateways using a no-trust mechanism to provide required security with each invocation.
Utilize Pub/Sub for message queuing.
Advantages of Bitwise Lift and Shift Cloud Application Migration Services
- Greater agility and lower TCO.
- Seamless and hassle-free application re-engineering.
- Shortened release cycles.
- Ability to build innovative applications that take advantage of advancements in artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), blockchain, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Our clients are guaranteed consistent results-driven project delivery through our passionate people, technology leadership and agile, collaborative processes.
Most Common Use Cases
Modernizing legacy applications to run on Pivotal Cloud Foundry natively
Refactoring your application on the Pivotal Cloud Foundry private cloud platform is an excellent choice if you want to reuse investments in existing infrastructure and resources, if you do not want to move some of your workload to a public cloud, or if you want your development teams to focus on building great applications without being concerned with the intricacies of containerization and container orchestration.
Modernizing Disputes Management applications on cloud
In the Payments industry, there is a drive to leverage cutting-edge technology to deliver improved customer experiences as a competitive advantage. Card issuers, acquirers and networks face growing competition and cannot afford to be hampered by challenges of legacy Dispute Management applications. Re-engineering Disputes in the cloud helps to meet the demands of the current and future merchant base while leveraging the latest technology.CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE
Can’t find your Use Case?
Modernizing your Dispute Management Application on the Cloud
Enhance the Merchant Experience with modern Disputes Management In…
Bitwise provides comprehensive solutions for all your data projects
Cloud Data Migration
Our ready-to-go Cloud Migration Roadmap helps guide you through your initiative for moving on-premise data to the cloud
Data and Analytics Solutions
Big Data Analytics and data science
Uniquely positioned to help our clients utilize machine learning and artificial intelligence to achieve business results.